There is a plethora of congenital breast deformities that occur in an isolated form or in combination. Many can be corrected by surgery.
- Amastia – a condition where breast tissue, nipple, and / or areola is absent.
- Micromastia – or breast hypoplasia is a medical term describing the post-pubertal underdevelopment of the breast.
- Macromastia – or breast hyperplasia is a medical term describing the over-development of the breast.
- Breast asymmetry – significant differences in breast size.
- Tubular breast deformity – or Tuberous breasts are is a congenital breast abnormality. During puberty breast development is stymied and the breasts fail to develop normally and fully. The exact cause of this is as yet unclear. The condition is thought to affect one to five per cent of breast augmentation pati ents.